Monday, March 16, 2009

Nine Novels in '09

I've finally done it.
I decided on my "Nine in '09".
Nine novels to read in 2009.
Since 1994 when Marcia Everett started her CCO Women's Book Club I've been in a book club. The ladies have changed as I moved around but I've continued to read. I'm taking a break from book clubs for a time, but I can't take a break from reading.

So here's my list:
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult
A Long Way Gone: Memoires of a Boy Soldier by Ishmael Beah
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Maryanne Shaffer and Annie Barrows
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
The Blue Castle by L. M. Montgomery
One Thousand White Women: The Journals of May Dodd by Jim Fergus

The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb
The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

And my challenge goes out to you ... pick 9 novels for '09. I'd love to know what you're reading. And maybe if we've got some books in common we can go out for coffee and chat about books - a sort-of impromptu book club.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Robin,
I just started Twilight today. I've also read the first chapter of Lovely Bones so we can chat about those 2 (if I ever get them done... do you find it hard to get time to read? I do)
I'd like to read the one by Wally Lamb, too. That might have to wait till summer, though.
Happy Reading and Happy March Break!

Anonymous said...

Hi Robin,
I've read A long way gone - a well done book. I can't say that I "enjoyed" it, but it opened my eyes. There were times that I had to take a break - but well worth the read!

I hope that you guys are well!

emmajmom said...

Hi Robin,
Hope you get this comment as I don't have your e mail address. I always look forward to your news. Loved the book list. Emma and I both read all the Twilight books. She loved them, they are OK to me. Loved A Tree Grows in Brooklyn(best one on the list). Your kids are beautiful and I KNEW you would be a great homeschool mom. Emma is in 9th grade still homeschooled and is taking driver's ed. Write when you can at emmajmom@yahoo.com
Love you all and miss you all
Janey Hathcock in NC (remember)

Vanessa Winters said...

I'm so glad that Blue Castle is on your list!!! You're going to love it so much. If you can't find a copy of that book, or any of your books, I can hook you up!

Me and G

Me and G