Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Busy Hands

These hands are busy hands. Rarely still for a moment. Today she designed and created over 20 tie-died flowers - made with markers, a light spray of water, a coffee filter and a pipe cleaner. She plans to hand them out to her friends at AWANA - I sure hope that they appreciate the work she put into them.

Of the three kids she is definitely the most introverted. She often works quietly for hours - on her own creating. She doesn't feel the need to give me the play-by-play on her activities or ask me how to do every step of the way.

She thinks deep thoughts. She creates beauty. She gives good gifts. She loves deeply.

For about a year now I've been taking close up photos of these hands. Her hands. Her hands at work. Her hands at play. Her hands investigating God's creation. Her hands creating new creations. I'm not sure what I'll do with these photos. Today I share a few of them with you.

I love these hands.
















4 comments:

Mrs. Breum said...

love it, Robin

Anonymous said...

Aaron really liked his flower and he thought I smelled really nice too!

Soph said...

just beautiful!

-H said...

You're the coolest mom Robin

Me and G

Me and G