Sunday, May 10, 2009
The Greatest Gift
Check it out. I received the GREATEST gift a mom could ask for on Mother's Day! I don't want to brag - but I actually received THREE of these gifts. Wow! I am spoiled! Not only that - but this display of love was followed by a Mother's Day dance (strongly influenced by Vanilla Ice, learned off YouTube).
Really, I'm just one mom - I can't handle all this love. Coupons for coffee, home spas and dinner by "the Sister Chefs". Handmade gifts made with a babysitter (seriously, as a home school mom I usually don't get the mother's day gifts made at school - so this was extra special). A "real" massage scheduled for tomorrow from my dear husband. And to accompany the boy-in-a-bag and the Ice-Ice-baby dance, Justin gave me a pot of dirt infused with smelly spray and seeds (he says that's how God makes the flowers smell so good!).
So yeah - I'm enjoying Mother's Day.
But, since this is "Life in a Fishbowl", I need to be honest. We did have a bad moment this afternoon when the afore mentioned son boldly proclaimed, "I wish God never made Mother's Day. It's a dumb day. It's just for moms. That's dumb. There should be brother's day." Fortunately his father intervened and were back to loving mom and thanking God for Mother's Day.
There you have it. The good, the bad, the ugly.
To all the moms out there - I hope you know how much you are loved. To everyone else - go hug a mom!
Now I'm off to buy a new keyboard. Don't by cheap keyboards. They stink. This one's bringing my words-per-minute average way down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me and G
1 comment:
I had a similar proclamation from my own 5 yr. old boy this morning. My son asked, "When is Happy Kid's Day? I want Happy Kid's Day!!! (And my daughter replied that it doesn't exist because it isn't on the calendar; she'd already checked.)
And then I quipped... Happy Kid's Day? Well, ok, then let's have some HAPPY kids and not whiney kids, ok? Because it definitely isn't Whiney Kid's Day!" :-) ~ Kari H.
Post a Comment