Saturday, May 9, 2009
$35 Bucks
There's just something about seeing a paycheck with your daughter's name on it that makes you feel old.
Well, old AND proud.
Six weeks ago the girls started their first job delivering flyers. Lacking the farm animals to clean up after we were looking for something productive for our home schooled children to do. Flyer delivery seemed like a viable option. The pay stinks - I mean really stinks. But, what else can you do to earn money at 9 years old?
Now, I said that the GIRLS started their job delivering fliers. After the first week Karis was fired (by her mom and sister!)from the stacking and rolling of the flyers part of the job. She shed a few tears and stomped up to her bedroom. Literally five minutes later she came down with a smile on her face.
"I see you changed your attitude," was my motherly response.
"Yep," she replied. "I'm ONLY seven. I thought about it - what do you I need money for anyways? I don't need anything. I'm going out to play."
Ahh ... such wisdom.
So now Karis gets $2 to help deliver the flyers and Eden does the rest.
Eden, on the other hand, knows the value of a dollar. She is diligently saving for an iPod Nano. I even caught her looking on Kijiji (like Craigslist) for used Nanos. With the addition of this last paycheck she's half-way to her iPod.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me and G

No comments:
Post a Comment