Friday, May 29, 2009

Wise Guys

Just a little wisdom from the wise guys around our house.

Yesterday
Basement flooding - water everywhere - me screaming for buckets and sham-wow rags while frantically emptying the sump pump tub from gallons and gallons of water before anymore spills on the basement floor.
Justin pokes his head in the room.
"Mom, do you think maybe I should pray?"

Last week
At the Medway river.
Looking at Justin I notice his hand grasping his little pee-pee.
"Justin do you have to go pee?"
"No mom, I'm protecting my pee-pee so the crocodiles don't bite it."

Earlier this week
Me in the basement enjoying a moment of peace while doing Pilates to a DVD.
Justin enters the room.
"Wow mom, those ladies are almost naked."
"Uhh ... Justin maybe you should leave the room while I finish my Pilates."
"No, that's ok mom. I kind of like looking at almost naked ladies."
*side note: I promptly returned the DVD to the library and vowed to find a Pilates program instructed by fully clothed Amish women.


Wisdom gained. I learned that especially in the most frantic moments I should take the time to stop and pray. I learned that boys are very protective of and know the importance of their private parts even at a young age. And, I learned that as a mom I need to protect my son (even at a young age) from images of half naked women that seem to be everywhere. He may be the youngest of my guys - buy he certainly is a wise one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a nut!!! how's the basement?
kori d

Vanessa said...

Nice!

Me and G

Me and G