Five people live in our house.
Can you guess how many bikes we have in our garage right now?
...
nope, higher.
...
higher still.
...
ok - 14. Yep - fourteen bikes (at last count).
My dear husband has problems (more than one at last count!). This problem involves junk bikes and his inability to leave them in the garbage.
Everytime I open our garage there's a new one sitting there, sometimes hidden away so I don't see it (I think that's a sign of a serious addiction, hiding the evidence!).
He brings them home.
Then he tinkers.
And then - miracle of all miracles he brings new life to these once forsaken bikes.
A little oil. A little air. A few cables tightened.
That's it.
Yesterday he struck gold.
Banana seat, high handle bars, double kickstand and all.
A little air. A little oil.
And he's off.
I guess the saying is true - one man's trash is another man's treasure.
If your kid is in need of a treasure - send him our way. We have a few more treasures than we need right now!
On a side note he also pulled a lawn mower out of the trash this week. All it needed was two bolts on the handle. Mint condition. Who knows - the man may have a new calling!
And just to clarify - I love him like crazy, "problems" and all!

1 comment:
Sweet ride. Reminds me of my old bike...before it was stolen...sigh. Enjoy the vintage vibes!
Post a Comment