Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Question of the Day


How to display your own art work?

I have 1000's of photos. Literally 1000's.
So why do I get tempted to buy mass produced prints from stores like TJ Maxx and Winners?
Sitting in Starbucks a while back I was mesmerized by the photo display by a local photographer. As I sipped my Chai Latte and studied the photos I realized just how simple the display was. Canvas painted black. White bordered photos mounted on the canvas. Simple beauty.
So I'm trying my hand at it.
Nine photos printed.
So far four canvases painted.

This is my test ... only a test. Just happened to be a free nail on the wall.
I wish I lived in an urban loft - it just seems to fit the urban loft look more than the two-story suburb look.
Oh well.

No longer intimidated to put my work on the walls.
It's a step.
Promise you'll tell me when I go overboard.

2 comments:

OrangeHeroMama said...

ooohhh! awesome pic! so where did you put it??

Robin Saylor said...

haven't put it anywhere yet - thinking of a display wall in the stairwell ... we'll see.
still testing it out!

Me and G

Me and G