Thursday, July 9, 2009
A Tale of Two Daughters
Here's my tale, not tall but true.
Of two daughters, in the same house they grew.
OK- I'm done with the rhymes, the first part came off the cuff and I don't have the energy to think of more. So here's my story of two girls growing up in the same home, same mom, same dad, but so very different. One who likes subtlety, one who likes flare. Both creative.
Yesterday was carnival day at Zone camp. They were told to dress in a costume relating to the theme "SPACE". Karis spent the evening planning her alien costume - antenas, tin foil, green crimped hair etc. etc. (I did nix her idea of covering her body in tin foil but left the rest up to her). Eden went subtle - she wanted to go as Princess Leia from Star Wars.
Raising kids is a challenge. It's a challenge to love them equally. It's a challenge to support them in their individual strengths. It's a challenge to keep them from labelling themselves as "the artsy one" or "the smart one". It's a challenge to encourage them to be who they are while growing in the areas where they are weak. It's a challenge that I believe we're up for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me and G

No comments:
Post a Comment