Martin Luther posted his 95 Theses on the Wittenberg door.
Moses told the people to "post" blood on their door frames.
And, if it weren't so late I could probably think of some other door posting stories.
Now, I'm sure history won't be made on Barrydale CR. But we had some door postings of our own last week. Two full hours of decorating their doors - and this is what we've got.
To truly appreciate it you need to take a closer look.
You need to see the details.

The hand sanitizer in the syringes taped to the door.
The door bells.
The Kleenex.
The candy holders.
The collections boxes. Karis claims that she will give 90% of what she collects to charity!
The security keypads (made out of old gum packs!).
The mailboxes.
The H1N1 concern - there is a note on each of their doors that states, "For concern of H1N1 please wash your hands."
etc. etc. etc.
And here's the truth. It was fascinating at first. It made me proud that they worked so hard. And that they worked together. And that for two hours they didn't fight at all. But now. Almost two weeks later. I need it down. It looks messy. It's no longer fascinating.
So how do I do it? Do I leave it up and tell myself that it's really not that messy? Or, do I take down their creations and potentially break their creative spirit? It's that fine line I walk. I want them to have a lot of free play and creative time but I also want my house a little neater. I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on it most days - I let the creativity flow. But then I reach my breaking point.
What do you think?
Should it stay or should it go?
(If it stays it will be trouble, if it goes it will be double! - sing it with me, I know you want to!)
4 comments:
Mrs. Saylor, tear down those doors!
Ours go in the "memory box"... to be edited and scrapbooked later... (it is getting full, hmmm..)
Emma has her entire room plastered. As well as her door front and back. I finally said she could use sharpie and write so she puts scripture on her walls! How cool is that?
Leave it!
One day it will be all gone and you'd do anything to have it back!
Post a Comment