Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What Else George?

I saw George's book A Guide To Prayer sitting on the end table. I picked it up. Turned to the page where the book mark was. And I stopped.

I don't remember ever seeing this book mark before.
Or maybe I did and blocked it from my memory.
Either way - it gave me my laugh for the day!


Could you read that?
... shy and reserved man.
Really? Not my George.

... prepared to do anything in order to attain his objectives.
OK - maybe that's true.

But check out the end ... wants his companion not only extraordinarily beautiful and elegant but an excellent housekeeper as well!
Seriously, who makes these things?
I turned it over.
"Made in Canada" proudly printed on the back.

Time to fess up. Who gave this to my husband?
Or did he buy it?

And I just have to say that one of the things I truly love about him is that he is meticulous and orderly. (He claims that without kids he'd be OCD in a Jerry Seinfeld kind of a way). I love that in his orderliness he punched a hole in the back of the book and found a way to permanently attach this precious bookmark to his book of Prayer!

It is a book of prayer. Do you think that maybe he is praying to be a little more reserved, a little more keen and observant, and that his wife will be more beautiful, elegant and a great housekeeper?

Not sure why this little bookmark struck my funny bone (in a ha-ha laugh kind of a way not in an ouch that hurt kind of a way). But it did ...

What else George?
What else?

No comments:

Me and G

Me and G