Sunday, January 24, 2010

Good Eats ...


Big "Buy 1 Get 1 Free" sale at Metro suckered me in again.
But this is the last time - I really strongly dislike that grocery store, except for the sales it is WAY too expensive. So here's my question, why is the most expensive grocery store in town within walking distance of one of the lowest income neighborhoods in town. And why is the cheapest grocery store in town within walking distance of no one? Makes no sense to me.

Enough complaints though, I came up with some yummy meals for this week.
Heavy on the chicken since they were "Buy 1 Get 1 Free" at the notorious Metro.

Sunday
(today)
Chicken Taco Salad
perfect for football watchin'

Monday
Mango Chicken Pasta
HINT: add a little lime juice and a pinch of cayenne pepper (the recipe is a little bland)

Tuesday
Ham, Perogies and Broccoli

Wednesday

Steak and Cheese Pie
from Jamie Oliver's book "Jamie at Home", see recipe above
NEW: this is my new recipe of the week, I like that you can make the filling way ahead of time and put it together just before you eat - I'll give the report on this one later in the week.

Thursday

Herbed Chicken on Cornmeal Waffles
NOTE: we usually have this after Thanksgiving with leftovers, I had a hankerin' for it so we're having chicken and waffles in January!

Friday
Pizza Night
BBQ Chicken Pizza (bbq sauce, red onions and chicken)
Ham and Mushroom Pizza
TIP: before I make the chicken sauce for Thursday night's waffles I'll pull aside some of the chicken to use on the pizza along with some of the red onion from Wednesday night's Steak pie, use some of the leftover ham from Tuesday and some of the mushrooms from the Steak pie ... so you see, this is a creative version of left-over night

Saturday

White Bean 'n' Ham Soup
Amish White Bread

2 comments:

Soph said...

Jamie at home is one of my all time favourite cookbooks!! And cooking shows, for that matter!

OrangeHeroMama said...

Sooo...ummm...what night can i eat at your house??? :D

Me and G

Me and G