Today - I am continuing with what I started. I am posting another week of menu planning.
In answer to a couple of questions that I received last week: I do not cook everything at one time, I do sometimes prep things ahead - for example if I know that I need a lot of peppers chopped for a few different recipes I will do it all at once early in the week. But typically I cook every day. And a questions about fridge space: In Ontario we are "blessed" with cold winters so I have extra cupboards hanging in my garage (which is conveniently off of my laundry room) so I can store extra food in there if the fridge is full. In the summer we eat a lot more fresh fruit and veggies and grilled meat so I don't find I cook as much.
Here you go. The week at the Saylor house (feel free to pop in for a meal if it sounds particularly good!).
George and Justin give the thumbs up to the Fish Tacos (with a little extra hot sauce of course!).
Monday:
left-overs - including the Sweet Potato Burritos (a last minute addition to the menu for today), chicken pot pie, pumpkin soup, and tortellini
ps George is still looking for investors in his restaurant called "Left Overs" where everything but the bread is guaranteed to be a day old (soup, lasagna etc)
Tuesday:
Fish Tacos (I cheat and use Jane's Frozen Fish Fillets instead of breading my own - the sauce is amazing!) and rice
Wednesday:
Chicken and Shrimp kabobs (shrimp - bought too much for Christmas parties, still using it up; chicken - on sale at the Superstore this week)
The Rice Squad - rice salad recipe from Crazy Plates Cook Book (I will make tons of rice on Tuesday and use half Tuesday night and half Wednesday night)
Thursday:
Calzones with sausage and pepper (using the Whole Wheat Pizza Crust recipe)
Salad
Friday:
Aussie Chicken with Perogies and cooked carrots
Saturday:
Tacos (Karis requested a buffet of some kind every week - this week it will be a taco buffet!)
And as an added bonus here is a website that you should avoid at all costs.
How people come up with these things, I'll never know!
No comments:
Post a Comment