Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Birth Story

It's Saturday night.
My husband is putting the kids to bed.
I'm sitting at my computer bawling.
If you have a few minutes and a box of kleenex then click and read Nella's birth story.
I warn you. Take the time. Get the kleenex.
It's beautiful and heart wrenching but ends up back at beautiful.

Here is how it starts.
Make that click above to see the full story.

Nella Fantasia (translated from Italian)
In my fantasy I see a just world,
Where everyone lives in peace and honesty.
I dream of souls that are always free
Like the clouds that float
Full of humanity in the depths of the soul.

In my fantasy I see a bright world,
Where each night there is less darkness.
I dream of spirits that are always free,
Like the clouds that float.

In my fantasy exists a warm wind,
That blows into the city, like a friend.
I dream of souls that are always free,
Like the clouds that float
Full of humanity in the depths of the soul


It brings me back to July 1980 and May 2006.
Moments in the life of our family when we clung to hope.

2 comments:

Heather said...

This should have come with the warning, "Heather, open with caution!" I just sat and snuggled my baby and listened to my beautiful Yana playing as I read it. Do you know the mom? Where do you find things like this?! So beautiful.....thanks! Oodles and oodles of love to you. Your sis. I'm just gonna keep on cryin' here!

The Passionate Housewife said...

Oh Robin,

Thanks for sharing this! The tears are streaming down my face.

It was so beautiful, so raw, so real!

I was captivated start to finish...

Amazing how God orchestrates our lives, molds us, pushes us, and carries us through..

Me and G

Me and G