But hey - it was the highlight of the month (so far!). Bear with me.
One of the advantages of homeschooling is that we determine together what our reading and writing assignments should be. It's one of the parts of our day that is very self-directed. I find that the kids are much more invested in what they are reading and what they are writing about if they are actually interested in the subject matter.
Today Karis chose to write a few paragraphs on her experience at the Slush Cup.
It was a "who, what, why and how" assignment.
Slush Cup
by Karis Saylor
Slush cup Sunday . Every year at Boler Mt. they celebrate by challenging people to ski into the pond or over the pond. This year I did it and it was my first time. I did it because I thought it would be fun and because of the outfit I picked out. I wore bright and crazy clothes out of my drawer.
There were lots of people at the Slush Cup watching me. Mommy, Daddy, me, Eden, Justin, Nana, Bumpa and people from church were there. Lots of other crazy people were doing the slush cup and lots of strangers were there too.
When I was at the top of the mountain I felt young to be doing this. Going down the mountain I felt scared and I was trying to get lots of speed so that I could hit the pond. I was surprised when I hit the water. It felt cold, cool, and scary under the water. When I got out I felt like I was a brave icicle.
I want to do this as a tradition at the end of every year. It was awesome!
2 comments:
I will forever call Karis my "Brave ice-sickle." She is truly a gorl who stands out from the crowd!
I love it! What a great get-up!! Very, very cool!
Post a Comment