Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Beauty In Any Language

No matter what language you speak beauty is beauty.
Art speaks it's own language.
So when our neighbor's nieces visiting from India offered to give us henna tattoos we raced on over!
Their art is beautiful.  Absolutely stunning.
What a gift they have!
 

It was amazing to watch someone with such innate talent work. 
Like anyone who is naturally talented at what they do, she made it look easy.




I am so thankful that she was willing to share her talent with us.
I am so thankful for the opportunity to have friends from other countries who share with us beauty from around the world.




This beautiful art work will fade in a week or so.
But friendship won't.
I guess that's the true beauty isn't it?  Friendship.
Friendship that brings the beauty of India to my doorstep.
Friendship that shows me a world much bigger than my own.

Pryaa and Karis

At times it's tempting to surround myself with people who think and act and look just like me.  But oh, look at all that I would miss out on.  Think of all the people I would not meet.  Think of all the missed opportunities to see beauty.  

Thank you to all my dear friends who share with me their lives and thereby make my life more beautiful.  I can't help but praise God for the beauty He created in all of us!

2 comments:

Soph said...

beautiful! :)

Tanya @ Life in 3D said...

I'm in love...so intricate and beautiful!! Thanks for sharing :)

Me and G

Me and G