Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Chef-spiration - AKA What's Cookin'?

After a little chef-spiration (my officially coined word for inspiration from a chef!) from my brother, I've come up with a pretty good looking-very healthy-still between $5 and $10 per meal-menu for the week.

The goal:
healthy, local-ish produce, reasonably priced, yummy meals that don't take too much time in the kitchen.

The result:


Monday: left-overs, just got back from Vancouver, cleaned out the fridge, served a buffet of left-overs and called it dinner!

Tuesday: Dan's Go-To Dinner
Panko Breaded Chicken with Arugula, Orange and Beets
(if you want this recipe look at the picture above and guess! or email me. Dan and Wendy made it up so I don't have a link to the recipe, I can type up some basic directions for you though.)

Wednesday: Asparagus = Local and In Season
Ham, Tortellini, Asparagus and Strawberry Salad (served cold with lemon dressing)

Thursday: Fish night, sounds complicated but really it's quick and easy
Tilapia with avocado and shrimp served with rice (another Jamie Oliver recipe)

Friday: Neighborhood Cook-out in our backyard - let me know if you can come!
Hamburgers, Sweet potato fries, salad and whatever YOU bring to accompany it

Saturday: Pizza Night
Still using the bread dough from Artisan Bread cookbook and Jamie Oliver's pizza sauce recipe ... the rest is up to our imagination

Hope this post offered you a little "Chef-spiration" to save you a little "perspiration" in the kitchen. Oh boy, I've gone off the cheesy deep end now ... I better quit while I'm ahead.

Good eats to you all!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

am I missing something? can't find your recipes for these just the delicious names. help. thanks! Sara

Robin Saylor said...

hey Sara - recipes will be up soon. i just got called away. check back tomorrow. links for recipes will be under the cooking section.

Erin said...

I just had a wicked beet salad at Moxies the other night and loved it -- and then I see you posting it. Yum. It must be a sign that I need to make it soon.

Me and G

Me and G