But my mind is too full of lists of things to do to think about things to write about.
You see - I'm doing something crazy this week. I mean c-RA-zy.
I leavin' on a jet plane.
Unlike the crazy 70's singer who wrote the song I do know when I'll be back again (Sunday). But I'm leavin' ... on a plane. I'm packing a bag heading across the country to Vancouver. Halfway there my sister is jumping on that same plane and we're heading to a wild crazy time with a few Pastor's wives. Yep, wild and crazy times with the Pastor's wives!
But the crazy part isn't the vision of Pastor's wives hootin' and hollerin' it up in downtown Vancouver. The crazy part is that I'm leaving. Gulp.
It all sounds good when it's a couple months away, the snow is up to your eyeballs and April seems eons away. But the snow is gone, April is now, and my plane is leaving Wednesday morning. And yes I'm leaving my three home schooled kids with their dad (who has a very full time job of his own) and a few other trusty folks.
Yes, they are all adults.
Yes, they are all very capable.
BUT - I find myself fussing with putting together meals and lesson plans; buying THREE birthday presents for the three parties my kids are going to in the five days I'm gone; writing reminders for swimming lessons, AWANA, small group, SERVE meeting, piano, and skipping lessons (don't laugh it's a community thing!); attempting to clean; and not even coming close to thinking about what to pack.
Silly me.
Why fuss?
Wednesday 7am my flight takes off.
And I will be on that plane.
I will have a lovely time.
I will be re-fueled and re-filled.
I will enjoy my time with my brother and sister.
Sunday 8pm I will return.
And all will be okay.
Silly, silly me.
No more worries.
No more lists.
How about a bowl of ice cream and bed?
That sounds much better.
In the mean time this makes me happy, very happy.
This is comfort food.
This is home.
This was dinner.
4 comments:
That dinner looks really good. We had a rush job tonight, and man -- is that chicken pot pie??? Oh, I am so pregnant!
OH Robin,
You will be fine, they will be fine, everything will be fine. You ROCK and you deserve a break.
and agreed..was that chicken pot pie?! Can you please teach me to make GORGEOUS crust?! :D
chicken pot pie is one of my all time favourite things to make... and eat! :) Have a great trip!
havea great time! you deserve it!!;)
Post a Comment