Saturday, April 3, 2010

He's Alive Buns

Families need traditions, and lots of them. Ours is no exception. Kids thrive on that sort of thing.
Three years ago we tried our hand at "He's Alive Buns". Read all about it including the recipe in this post from April 2007.

This year marked the fourth year of this tradition - I think it's a keeper. This year we changed things up a bit and invited a bunch of neighbourhood kids to join in the fun.


We gathered all the supplies. (Yum!)


We tell the story of Jesus death.


We tell about His burial.
The clothes that wrapped his body.
The spices.
The tomb.
The large stone.
The guards at the tomb.

And after 10 minutes we cry out in a loud voice, "HE IS RISEN!"
What started as a marshmallow, wrapped in a crescent roll and sprinkled with spices ended up looking like an empty tomb!

I love traditions with substance.
I also love traditions that taste good!

3 comments:

OrangeHeroMama said...

YAY! We're doing ours tomorrow morning!
And we're 3 yrs running too!(thanks to you!)

Lisa said...

LOVE this! Wish I had read this a day or two ago. But we will do it tomorrow! Maybe next year, I'll try it with my class.
Have a blessed Easter!

Rebekah said...

Oh- we did this to!
my girls loved it!

Thanks for your comments over in blog frog-on adoption etc, really appreciate peoples feedback.

Me and G

Me and G