I just had one of those moments when I realized (again) that my babies are going up.
I love to write and I am passionate about raising children who know how to write well. Why have knowledge if you can't communicate what you know?
So we write a lot. We write about what we do and what we would like to do. We write stories and poems and rock songs. We write prayers and letters. We write.
One of the things I teach about writing is that you need to consider your audience when you write. Therein lies the problem with having your mom as your teacher, your only teacher. We need more people to read the things we write.
For a couple of years Eden wrote a magazine called "Girl's World". It was published monthly with a different topic each month. We mailed it out to family and friends.
Then we discovered blogging.
The dutch in me leaped at this idea - it was FREE. Free is cheaper than printing magazines every month. Free was good.
So Eden started a blog to record her writing projects.
My idea was that she would write her poems, stories and reports on the blog, we would have a limited audience (by invite only), and her grandparents and friends would have an opportunity to read what she has written.
Today I took a peek at her blog.
And that is when I had my *sigh* moment of realizing she is growing up.
She is so stinkin' smart. Soon she will be smarter than me.
Maybe it's a kid in the 21st century thing. But her blog has tabs and links and photos and polls. If she had an audience of more than 6 readers she'd probably have give aways too!
Since her blog is by invite only I can't link to it. If you want to be on her list let me know - if I like you I'll add you.
Here is the post she wrote today. I did not edit for content or typos.
If you have an opinion on her poll comment here on my blog and I'll pass it on.
Hello all you people this is Eden Saylor speaking and there is a brand new, long, very , terribly long, interminably long,painfully long, epic report! ( if you have read the play i am doing then you will know why i did that!!!!) Any way the report will be about... 18th century Fashion!!!And Karis - well Karis' blog will be up and running by the end of the week. I have to say, I'm a little nervous to read what she deems blog-worthy! Can't wait ....
Coming soon to a blog near you...
I know you all are waiting for me to write a new School Report so that is why I am writing this! It is not a Report ( phew!) it is a... Introduction to a brand new, long,very long, terribly long, interminably long, painfully long, epic report! For school my mom made me and Karis each write a Report about something in the 18th century and it has to be done by the end of the year!!! so i am writing mine about 18th century fashion!!!!!
Poll time...
Did you like my idea of doing 18th century fashion for my long, very long, terr... OK this is getting kind of boring don't you agree!!! anyway what i was saying was if you did like my idea for the topic then press the comment button and type in " YES!!!" but if you didn't then type in "NO!!" and write what you think a better idea would be!!!!
Thank you very much for reading ( or watching if this was a TV show!!!) my brand new, long oops i said i wasn't gonna do that! oh well
Bye bye
Eden :)
No comments:
Post a Comment