Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Story of the Rabbit Water and the Shoes

Oh, dear. What can the matter be?

Perhaps someone didn't listen to her mother's warnings about rapid water (hereafter named "rabbit water") and the certain future of flip flops in that rabbit water.

What ever will I do?
Do you suppose some dashing young man (or three) will run downstream and fetch my floating flip flops?

And while they do - perhaps I'll take a little stroll upstream.


Why, look at this lovely branch.
What an absolutely splendid day!


But alas, my feet are still bare.
Where are those young men I sent to find my wayward shoes?
My, this water feels delicious on my toes!


And there they are.
My heroes.
They risked life and limb to find my shoes.
Thank you boys.

And now, I think I'll sit on this branch.
I shan't worry that my shoes shall fall again into that "rabbit water" (rapids).
No worries here.

I actually think it's a fabulous day for a swim.
Or maybe just a knee high wander in the stream - upstream this time. No more rapids.


Another delightful spring day.
Praising God for days like this.
Good friends, good fun, good gentlemen who run downstream to fetch fallen shoes.

3 comments:

George Saylor said...

And so it begins- my daughter uses her looks and charm to get everything she wants from the boys. She'll go far in this world!

MUMS REA said...

Where was those shots taken?

Angie said...

What a beautiful day! Lovely post!

Me and G

Me and G