Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Cinco de Yummo
In celebration of all things Mexican and Cinco de Mayo we usually have a huge Mexican Fiesta - big hats and all!
This year Cinco de Mayo and AWANA Awards Ceremony happened on the same night. We rock-paper-scissored it, and AWANA won. Which was probably a good thing since the kids worked hard on AWANA all year, Eden won a few awards and trophies, and well, we're not really mexican (if you couldn't tell!).
In lieu of a party we had enchiladas dinner. I followed Pioneer Woman's recipe. Given that George declared, "LOVE it" with the first bite, I think it's a keeper. The thing that makes this recipe good is the sauce, it's all about the sauce. And the trick to making it love at first bite is that you need to dip your tortillas wraps IN the sauce before you fill and wrap. Granted this increases the messiness factor but increases the yumminess factor. Try it for yourself: Enchiladas Pioneer Woman Style.
OK - and while I'm on the mexican food thing I've got to say three things.
1) Take a minute, slip over to my recipes tab and check out the Taco Seasoning recipe. Multiply it by 10 (no exaggeration), put it in a mason jar, and voila Taco Seasoning to last you a couple months. Plus it is a million times better than the packets of Taco Seasoning and will save you a bunch of money in the long run.
2) Have you tried Fish Tacos yet? Take a peek at that recipe while you are there. Don't be afraid - it is SO good.
3) Mexican food is cheap. A pound of dry beans goes a long, LONG way.
On that note I'll end. Goodnight ...
Cha-cha-cha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me and G

No comments:
Post a Comment