A Terabyte. Another external hard drive. More space. HUGE amount of space. Like, yes, bigger than the Commadore 64, bigger than a thousand Commadores! Space to hold my thousands of photos, my growing music collection, and a huge amount of digital scrapbooking graphics. Crazy amount of space.
Saturday night was the annual Graduation ceremony for the HIGH Day homeschoolers (our homeschool co-op). This year we had 24 graduates. Go homeschoolers! This year marked the fourth year that I've done formal, ceremony, family and casual photos for the event.
I have a blast with it - but at the end of the night I'm pooped.
And the work has only just begun. The next few days are filled with editing, uploading, emailing and creating CDs.
Are you beginning to see my need for that Terabyte?
Before you start feeling sorry for me - don't. I absolutely love doing this kind of thing. Computers, graphics, photos ... it gives me a rush.
I'm also thrilled to be given the opportunity to exercise my gifts and to do something that is so different from my everyday homeschooling, child rearing, cooking, cleaning, playing day-to-day.
And look how beautiful these kids are.
In hanging out with these teens and families I am reassured that we are doing the right thing for our family in homeschooling. If you want to get to know some amazing teens get to know some HIGH Day homeschoolers.
If you want to be encouraged along the way by some families that have been there, done that and are raising some amazing kids, get to know some HIGH Day families.
I am so blessed and so thankful.
I'll gladly fill a Terabyte with photos and memories of these amazing people who have given so much to me!

2 comments:
I love this!!!!! Hey, saw this link and thought of you. Also, there is a link from here for teen books!
http://simplehomeschool.net/around-the-world-one-picture-book-at-a-time/?doing_wp_cron
Just got back from our conference at Winston...you remember going when you lived in NC? We had 6 graduates from our support group with over 200 graduating from NC at Winston. They are AWESOME! Homeschool rocks! From Janey
Post a Comment