Thursday, January 27, 2011

Another Amelia Day!

Woke up this morning and the snow is still covering our front yard, the city has yet to plow our street, and my favorite yoga pants have salt stains on the bottom cuffs. It is only January so I know that I need to give Punxsutawney Phil one more week before he raises his head and announces the fate of our spring (I'm putting money on 6 more weeks of winter!).  But, ohhhh .... will this winter ever end?

So what was I expecting when I crawled out of bed and peaked out the window? That I'd open the blinds and find spring.  No such luck, so today I have the choice - Alexander or Amelia.  Alexander inevitably chooses a "terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day." Amelia (of the Bedelia family!) chooses joy, fun and yummy desserts. Today will be an Amelia day.

My smile moments today (and yesterday) include:

George Washington Carver teaching us how to make peanut butter!

Newly organized tupperware cupboard thrills us ALL!

Rockin' the winter fashion!

Troy Snowamalu


Choreographed dance parties beat the winter blues.

Why does every dance party end in a dog pile?

4 o'clock dance.  Justin declared mandatory 4pm dance - daily.  

"I'll wear my sunglasses at night."



Another day.
Another reason to be thankful.
A million other reasons to smile.
Choose joy.

2 comments:

Terri Ann said...

So...were we reading minds when we made our posts today???

Julie Van Eman said...

Robin~I've never read your blog before and boy have I been missing out! I love it. I love your thoughts and life and you! And I just had to tell you about a book I'm reading. It just came out. The title is One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. She is a blogger, a home schooler, AND she lives in Canada. The book is poetic and profound. I'm moved. And by the way, I miss you.

Me and G

Me and G