I grumble a LOT about my inefficient little kitchen.
It's cute. Just SO incredibly inefficient.
Bring in the contractors and designers.
Bring on the beautiful dreams and designs. (Oh, they were beautiful!).
Bring on the estimate.
Needless to say, in lieu of a $30,000 kitchen reno we are once again rearranging furniture.
Once again.
I have to say though, this time I think we've got it! (But don't quote me on it.)
I'm done with the grumbling.
Grumble no more, Robin. My dear friends, I need accountability on this. No more grumbling.
When we are all done with moving, painting, and rehanging I am taking a Sharpe and writing Phil. 4:12 in big letters on the wall:
"I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation".
Well, maybe not Sharpe, but I am taking that verse to heart. I am learning to be content. I have more that I could ask or imagine, why am I so discontent with this kitchen. I must learn the secret of being content. Someone told me that it has to do with gratitude.But on with the point of my story, bargain hunting.
Since the kind people from Love It, or List It are most likely not going to knock on our door; and since Candace Olsen isn't my close personal buddy; I took it upon myself to pull together a little design plan. I think Candace would be proud.
So, with my list in hand I did NOT head for the mall, I did NOT even head for the discount stores. Nope, I made my fingers do the walking and I stalked kijiji (craigslist for my US and west coast friends!).
Look what $60 got me!
No exageration. $60.
$20 for stainless steel microwave and glass cake stand
$40 counter height white hutch
Pretty good, eh?
It's a start.
A start in my grand scheme.
And already the kitchen feels much more user friendly.
I'm on the hunt.
On the hunt for a bargain.
On the hunt for contentment.
I am content.
I am learning the secret.
I am thankful.
I have a beautiful home, lots of food in my fridge, a loving family to enjoy meals with, and the time to cook. And good deals, can I count good deals in my gratitude list? I'm adding it. I'm thankful for good deals.
I am content.
3 comments:
I love it! $40 is an incredible deal - well done!
You do have a beautiful home. Really beautiful. And though "beautiful" describes your home's interior, the heart of your home is extraordinarily beautiful too. But I know exactly what you mean when the reality doesn't match with the vision. I feel that way about my WHOLE new house! :)
Oh, you know I am on the same hunt! I had a moment between my guilt over NOT loving my home and my gratefulness for it: i am grateful. Period. End of story.
I decided to stop trying to love my home. You know my story lol. So for me, I have resolved with the Lord that I don't want to be living here, of course I would like oh so much more and different. But oh am I ever thankful. In my gratitude and offering of praise for my warmth and protection I find contentment.
It is inspiring to hear your honest wrestling with contentment also. (especially because you know I would LOVE your home for my own!) so love it sister and create passionately with praise! I know you do and will! I am cheering you on!
Post a Comment