Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Rotten Potatoes

When life gives you rotten potatoes ....




Every once in a blue moon I clean out the pantry.  There must have been a blue moon because something drew me to the pantry and filled me with a compulsion to clean.  Among other treasures lurking in the depths of that closet I found one very old potato with some very interesting growths.  Ah-hah!  In my hand I held my ticket out of cleaning - a science project!  Gather the kids, chat about roots and tubers and planting potatoes.  Ten minutes later the lesson is over and I'm back to my cleaning.

Fast forward.
Pantry project complete.  (Yeah me, I actually finished a project I started!)

On to dinner prep.
And then I see it.  Sitting on the shelf.
Rotten potato - turned science project - now, turned artistic masterpiece.
How amazing that my little artist saw something of beauty in an old rotten potato!

It brings new meaning to "one man's trash is another man's treasure."
Even a rotten potato can teach us a lesson and bring us great beauty and joy!

No comments:

Me and G

Me and G