I've been weepy all day.
No, I take that back, not just weepy, down-right bawling. I actually stopped my car in the grocery store parking lot and had a good cry. Gutt wrenching cry. It felt good.
I came home and found a note on my bedside from my oldest. The front of the card said, "Fires R Bad" and inside she wrote a beautiful little note to me about how she noticed I was crying all day and that she was crying (on the inside) too.
She noticed my tears.
As I was putting some flowers from a neighboring pastor in a vase, my middle child looked at me and said, "Wow. People really love us. Don't they?" I smiled. Yes my dear, they do. They really do.
She noticed your kindness.
It's tempting to jump right into the tragedy and "do do do". Get stuff done. Make what's wrong right.
On the other hand, it's also tempting to curl up in a ball and cry. Why me?
I vacillate between the two.
My instinct is to do. My heart just wants to cry.
But somewhere between the two I find three kids. I can't do either. I can't suffocate myself in doing and I can't shut the curtains and cry.
I have three kids who are watching it all.
They notice everything.
They see how I react. They see how you react. They see what we put our trust in. They see how we respond to adversity. They see how we grieve. They see everything.
I want to do this tragedy well.
Cry when I need to cry.
Work when I need to work.
Humbly accept your gifts when you give.
Yesterday we were caught up in the whirlwind of activity and people.
Today I cried.
I still have hope.
But I cried.
I'm still crying.
It's ok though. I need to cry.
Thank you to all of you who love us.
We are noticing that yes, people really love us. I am thankful for your love.
3 comments:
We love you guys!
Hard when little eyes are on you, how you react and respond dramatically affects their little faith too! someone once told me 'I believe in happy endings, if it isnt happy yet it hasnt ended.' you are in our hearts and prayers
Thank you for these words, Robin. My heart fell when I read about the fire. We're praying for you, George, the kids and everyone for whom this becomes part of their story. Thank you again for sharing and letting us support you.
Post a Comment