Sunday, April 3, 2011

Fast Forward


Remember tapes?
Remember the funny sound they made when you hit fast forward while a song was playing?
I'm not sure how my cd playing, ipod carrying nine year old daughter knows that sound, but she came to the kitchen with her violin all excited to show me the latest song she wrote.
She calls it, "Fast Forward".

We are literally in the heat of the moment, and I'm itching to fast forward.
Fast forward six months.  Let's see what God has done.
Fast forward a year.  Let's see where God has taken us.
Fast forward 10 years.  Let's see how we talk about "The Fire of 2011".

But here we are.  No fast forward button.
We gotta go through it - trusting that when we get there we will humbly say, "Ahh, now I see."

No comments:

Me and G

Me and G