Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Ripping the Band-aid Off

I left the house at 3:30 to run a couple of errands.
  1. grocery store for science experiment supplies
  2. Michaels for glue
  3. Staples for binders for Power to Parent
At the last minute, as I walked out the door, I grabbed my camera with the thought that maybe in my running around I'd pop by the old Ministry Centre and take a few photos of what remains.

The left turn light was green so it was decided, the Ministry Centre was my first stop.  (My theory: all routes planned based on easy right turns or green lights for a left turn.)

It's been two weeks since I visited the site.
We've been doing ok.  Starting to heal.  Seeing hope for the future.  Taking steps of faith.  Good stuff.
So I wasn't prepared for the wave of emotions that hit me as I saw bulldozers and a partially flattened building.


The band-aid that so neatly covered my wounds for the past two weeks was ripped off without warning.


The shelves, desks and filing cabinets had been removed for scrap metal.
Papers, files and books were left scattered through the rubble.

Needless to say I was a wreck.
If I had any hope of completing my errands I needed coffee - STAT.
Thankfully the barista asked no questions.

The band-aid goes back on tonight.
Still need a little more time to heal.

1 comment:

jules said...

o robin wish i cound have been there for you .. hugs

Me and G

Me and G