Friday, June 17, 2011

The Times They Have A-Changed

In honor of my dear husband who blesses me with the privilege of cooking and cleaning for him, I give you a blast from the past.


I may get a little flak for admitting this, but I'm ok with "pink" and "blue" jobs.
It's true, I need my husband to open the jars.
It's true, I love to cook.
It's true, I love being his wife.


One night, a long time ago, while working on my final papers for Grad School my dear husband turned to me and said, "How can you be so cute AND so smart?"

I thought nothing of it and simply replied, "I don't know, I just am."


But the ultimate irony in this love story, and the true indication that the times they have a-changed:
As I write this blog post my dear husband is sitting in the living room dutifully folding the third load of laundry for the night.  
It's true: "The harder he works, the cuter he looks!"

*{ahem}* 
Oh yes, and he did put the kids to bed and do the dishes tonight too.

1 comment:

bjoycefamily said...

Hmmm... I heard there was a reason for the 4:00 Martini (for the wives!!) during the 50's... ; )

Me and G

Me and G