We now have "everything BUT the kitchen sink".
It's amazing and I am so thankful.
It's amazing and I am so thankful.
Not one to give up old habits - even in the midst of renos I'm still obsessing about menu planning.
So here you have it. A menu that takes into account that I have no counters, no stove, no sink and no grill (old one died, new one on the porch in a box!).
![]() |
| Garden credit goes to Megan Cornwell her garden's on steroids! |
Robin's Reno Menu
Monday:
Rotisserie chicken wraps with garden veggies and tzatziki
Watermellon and honeydew on the side
Tuesday:
Tuna Melts in the toaster oven
Caesar salad
Wednesday:
$5 hot-n-ready pizza
Fresh veggies patter
Thursday: (hopefully the grill/BBQ will be set-up)
Pork tenderloin on the grill
Garden salad
Friday: (counters and sink installed)
Pork and beans (made last month, frozen)
Hamburgers on the grill
Fruit salad
Things I've learned:
Hot-n-ready pizza's my friend. A special dinner is the night we get triple-meat instead of just pepperoni!
Costo rotisserie is the cheapest in the city.
The hand held shower works wonders when washing dishes in the bathroom.
Dishwasher was the first thing we set-up - best move we made.
Gardens are a good thing - neighbours with gardens are even better.
Don't dust until it's all done - it's futile.
And finally ...
It's not a good thing to forget to feed your kids.
8:45pm one night Justin says, "I don't think I ate dinner tonight."
After a little consult between me and G we realized that indeed the boy missed dinner. Hence the return of the menu for this week!


4 comments:
Thank you, thank you! This is going to be copy and pasted into our menu plan for the week(S)?? when we have no kitchen! We're also definitely fans of the hot and ready -- and also big fans of the costco pizzas (2 for 11.99!) that you bake yourself!
Can't wait to see the kitchen!!
ps - do you find Costco's chicken to be really salty tasting?
Yeah - Costco's chicken is salty, but no different than any of the other ones. Walmart is saltiest in my opinion. I like it in a wrap or on a salad so I usally don't taste the saltiness. Oh - and we did do Asia Gourmet take out one night! You're going to have to find an asian take-out joint in Byron!
chuckling at the amount of big box store chicken discussion on this comment page!!!
Post a Comment