Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My Dirty Little Secret


Shhh ....  don't tell.

Truth is, I have two dirty little secrets.


Dirty little secret #1:
With a moments notice I can get my house smelling and looking like I cleaned all day.

Seriously -  the 5minute tidy.  Here's how:
1. Get the kitchen sink running with some ridiculously hot water and stick in the plug.
2. Throw in a cap full of lavendar scented Pinesol.
3. Walk away.
4. Grab the container of Lysol disposable wipes (only to be used in emergencies such as these). 
With Lysol wipe in hand, do a clean sweep of the bathroom counter, the mirror, the floor and the top of the toilet.
5. Go back to the kitchen and let the water out of the sink.
Nope, I didn't miss a step.  You just filled the sink with water and Pinesol, let it sit, and drained it.

The result:  your house smells deliciously clean (even if it isn't) and the bathroom (the only place your "guests" are ever alone in your house and therefore the only place they can discretely look for dirt!)  IS clean.
Five minutes.  I promise you.  


Dirty little secret #2:
I shower every day, but only wash my hair every second or third day.
This needs no explanation.  Who, besides a teenage girl,  has time to "do hair" everyday.
Just makes sense.

Disclaimers:
1. Lysol and Pinesol are not all natural.  I know.
2. Real friends don't care if your house is a mess.  I know they say that they don't care, but I care and that matters.
3. Cleanliness is next to godliness is NOT in the Bible.  I looked.

No comments:

Me and G

Me and G