Friday, April 27, 2007

My Jill!


Check it out ... I'm venturing out and letting you all in on my creative side. I love photography - I love scrapbooking - I love cooking - I love party planning.

Soooo ... I mixing it all together and calling myself "My Jill" (you know, your "Jill-of-all-Trades"). Just a little business on the side (and I mean "little" - for now).

A few years ago I gave a talk at Allegheny College that I titled "Made in the Image of a Creative God". I loved giving that talk - I loved encouraging people to recognize themselves as creative beings - I loved giving people permission to be creative. We are created in the image of a God who created and still creates.

So, I create - my area of creating is in capturing God's creation with a camera. I remember as a kid walking around holding my fingers and thumbs together to make a little square and pretending to take pictures of things around me (even made the sound effect "click" when I took my imaginary pictures!). Now, with the advent of digital photography new doors have been opened and I am jumping in with both feet!

What do I like to do? I love general photograpy - I love kids - I love newborn and maternity photos - I love creating photo cards (birth announcements, Christmas cards, invitations) - I love planning birthday parties - I love scrapbooking - I love cooking.

Who knows where this idea of "My Jill" will lead - but for now, I create.

Check out my blog - myjill.blogspot.com . I plan to start including creative ideas, recipes, cool links - let me know if you have any ideas!

2 comments:

Just Mom said...

I checked out your other site. The photos are fantastic. I can't wait to see more of your work.

Mrs. Breum said...

Yay, Robin! :)

Me and G

Me and G