Thursday, June 21, 2007

Ahhh ... the First Day of Summer!



There truly is no better way to celebrate the first day of summer than to go strawberry picking!
I must admit that more strawberries ended up in bellies than in buckets - the sweet reward of "hard" work I guess!
As the kids are now at an age where TRADITIONS are understood and mean a whole lot I think that strawberry picking on the first day of summer may be a great tradition to hold on to! I'd love to hear your "beginning of summer" traditions ... feel free to comment here or just tell me in person. I'm gathering ideas ...

PS The farmer even let Eden and Karis take turns DRIVING the tractor (sitting on his lap!). Justin was thrilled with just the opportunity to sit in the driver's seat (he was kind of miffed that it was a "Ford" tractor and not a John Deere!).

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

chrissie k said...

we spent our 1st day of summer watching thunderstorms, throwing (and trying to control) temper tantrums, spending an exorbitant amount of money on dumb things and praying for daddy who had loads of meetings. i forgot that today was the 1st day of summer - i wish i had remembered. you are such a good mom. i wish i had your energy and creative mind/spirit! wish you were here to rub off on me....

Me and G

Me and G