They say that every cloud has a silver lining. In this case the cloud has a bluish-greenish lining.
Not a new senario - I hear a crash in the driveway followed by the sound of a crying child. This time it was Karis - running across the driveway in FLIP-FLOPS (don't get George started on the woes of flip-flops!), she slips on the perfectly dry pavement, falls on her bottom and knocks her cheek and eye on the bumper of the van. I casually get the ice and soon the tears stop.
Later that night the eye is swollen and all black-and-blue.
Jump ahead a couple of days - Karis and I are getting ready to go out and as she watches me put on my make-up she says. "You know, with this black eye if I wore make-up I'd only have to wear eye shadow on one eye since the black eye already looks like it has make-up on it."
The silver lining - I guess that if a black eye can have a silver lining then I can start to look more closely for the silver linings in the mishaps of my life.
1 comment:
Poor Karis- but what a great outlook!
Post a Comment