Chuck Swindol on parenting:
"The job of a parent is to help his or her children come to know
themselves, grow to like themselves, and find satisfaction in being themselves."
Saturday Eden danced in her 4th dance recital. I remember when she was 20 months old, someone gave us a tu-tu and some ballet shoes in a hand-me-down bag. It was like she was born to dance - not that she's some dancing virtuoso, but she's passionate about it. She jete's, arabesques, and shuffle-steps her way around the house. I love her passion and excitement.
As I sat in the auditorium watching Eden and other little dancers on stage I couldn't quite imagine Karis dancing. I couldn't see her following steps choreographed by the teacher, I couldn't see her willingly dancing in line with the other little girls. For a moment I was concerned ...
We arrived home from the recital, Karis quickly changed from her jeans and t-shirt into one of Eden's old dance leotards and a tu-tu and disappeared to the back yard. Half an hour later I hear her shouting: "Look at me! I did it! Look what I can do!"
Maybe right now she doesn't want to dance ... but, look what she can do. Look at who she is. Look at the girl God made her to be. I love her passion and excitement. (If you can't tell from the photo she is doing a complete somersault in the air ... no hands!!)
1 comment:
They are both so different and both so special. Cute post, R.
Post a Comment