Tuesday, January 1, 2008
Christmas 07
I'm finally sitting down at my computer - all is quiet, the house is relatively clean, my tea is hot. Ahh ... a rare moment.
The past two weeks have been filled to the brim. A dance recital, a visit to Pennsylvania, Connections Christmas service, Christmas Eve with the neighbors, Christmas Day with the Zietsma clan, a snow storm, a wedding in Toronto, a broken down van (in Toronto), New Years Eve with the neighbors, Eden's birthday (today!), New Years Day church at First CRC, dinner with Nana and Bumpa T.
And now, I sit back. I breathe. I sip my tea. And I am so thankful.
Tonight as I lay in bed with Karis I asked her what she looked forward to in 2008. She thought for just a moment before saying "Halloween, Valentines and Christmas - only 51 more weeks until Christmas, right mom?" I love it! I hope that in the midst of the busy-ness we never lose the anticipation and the pure joy of Christmas! Just 51 more weeks - are you ready for Christmas?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me and G
1 comment:
Karis is so great!!
Post a Comment