Monday, February 11, 2008
A Busy Week
It's been a busy week.
Here's the run down of what we've been up to. Take a close look at the photo above or click on it to get a closer look at what we've been up to.
Justin decided that even though it's -31 degrees celcius it's a good idea to eat popsicles outside so they don't drip. Always thinkin' aren't you Justin?
Dinner club met this weekend. To deal with the February blues we enjoyed "comfort food" and wore our most comfortable clothes. I wore elastic waist yoga pants so I could eat-eat-eat and not have to undo a button!
HIGH Day (homeshool co-op) started-up. This session I'm not teaching - just prepping for Yearbook and taking lots of photos.
Eden's "greatest day of my life SO FAR - and my future life" was this past Friday. Included HIGH Day, a play date with Brenda and culminated with BROWNIE CAMP. A weekend in a cabin, in the snowy woods, with 21 seven and eight year old girls!! My idea of a good time! She had the time of her life. Although I do hope that there will be days just as good or better in her "future life".
Piano lessons continue - we switched over to Suzuki piano this year and LOVE IT! I can't speak highly enough about it ... only drawback is that the little songs get stuck in my head, to the point of making me consider psychiatric treatment.
Homeschooling has it's ups and downs. I can't say that some days I love it and some days I don't. In the big picture of things I love it. But some MOMENTS I love it and some MOMENTS I don't. I struggle with not having time to clean my house. I struggle with not having time to catch up with friends and family. I struggle with not having time to do what I want to do for the church. I need to remind myself that it's not about me. That through God's strength I will do what I'm called to do. And I need to lean on the wisdom and caring of my dear friends and family who walk along side me in this adventure of raising a family.
Justin keeps us smiling with his many costumes (cowboy one day, spiderman the next) and his many antics.
Connections (our church) continues to grow and flourish - all glory to God. Check out George's blog or our website to see what we've been up to and to read the latest messages (soon to be podcast!).
This coming week should be exciting, George is heading to Utah to ski for a long weekend with his dad, brother and nephew. And me - well I'm pawning the kids off to friends and to my parents and I'm tearing our kitchen cabinets, painting the remaining cabinets, painting the living room, and enjoying every minute of it!
I promise to keep my blogs my frequent, to take more time for friends, to communicate better, and to ... ahh, breathe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me and G


1 comment:
Hi Robin,
Most of my house is freezing so today I am staying near the fireplace and catching up on all my favourite blogs. I am here for you if you need me to watch your kids while you paint. Be sure to post pictures of your "new" kitchen. I could use a little colour inspiration. Let me know if you need company one evening while George is away and I will bring the hot chocolate.....Tasha
Post a Comment