So this is what I came upstairs to a few weeks ago (I'm late in posting this). Karis and Justin had created their own Wii (and Wii fit!) with styrofoam and markers. Not only did they enjoy playing with it they also fought over who's turn it was!
Which makes me wonder, if I do get that Wii for Christmas will I do a little damage in the creativity department? I was in Scholar's Choice for their midnight madness sale and saw a Milton Bradley version of an ancient Egyptian game that invovled sand, sticks and stones. I'm sure King Tut would roll in his grave at the $35 price tag. I'm beginning to think that some of our best ideas and inventions come not out of having lots but out of simplicity, need and creativity.
p.s. Take a close look at her shoes. She made them! She wants to start a shoe business, her prototypes are made with paper and tape. Maybe I should stop buying shoes too!
1 comment:
A Wii???!!
I can picture it now...school today kids or phys.ed via the Wii!!
When I skip school I'll have to come over and play too!
I agree, having nothing high tech in the house creates more creative children, Karis and Vienna can go into business together since Vienna has been designing clothing lately. I am finding drawings everywhere of different outfits and I get about a million tips on my clothes daily!!
How she can come up with so many ways for me to wear my bathrobe...I have no idea... :)
Post a Comment