I'm at the end of my rope.
I'm tired.
I'm doing too much.
My house is a mess.
I feel disorganized and out of control.
My desire is to vent.
My natural inclination is to list my woes and wait for a pat on the back from someone telling me that it will all be okay. This time too shall pass.
And then I read George's blog for today. Click on the link on the side if you want to read the whole thing. Here's a quote:
I'm tired.
I'm doing too much.
My house is a mess.
I feel disorganized and out of control.
My desire is to vent.
My natural inclination is to list my woes and wait for a pat on the back from someone telling me that it will all be okay. This time too shall pass.
And then I read George's blog for today. Click on the link on the side if you want to read the whole thing. Here's a quote:
But instead of trying to do the impossible, why not do what is absolutely
within your grasp: figure out what it is God is calling you to do, and do that,
and put everything else aside.Yes, I know, it's not always that easy.But that is
the truth.We can focus on the things that God calls us to, and free ourselves
from distractions and "rabbit trails." For me it means a few simple
reminders:
Start each day giving it all over to God. It's His day and He can have His way with my agenda. This helps give me the eyes to see what God is up to, and those wonderful moments that can surprise and delight.
I can't do everything, but I can do something. I try to accomplish some very tangible
things each day. It really helps my sense of progress.
I can work ahead. I also try to take a step forward with an ongoing project to get it one step further to completion.
Work smarter. I'm always open to a new way to do something better.
Give it away. Sometimes this means a job that takes me only a hour takes me a day to give away. But after I've given it away, it belongs to someone else. This is hard for me, and I need to do more of this.
Remember what season it is. What is the season of work? Is it time to plant,
or time to harvest? They are very different things. I must often remind myself
that this is the season to be available to my kids. They won't always be young.
They won't always want to bounce with me on the trampoline. So I must be about
this season in their lives.
In the end I must remind myself that God made one George Saylor, and therefore, only one George Saylor is needed. That George Saylor can lead Connections, be Robin's husband, be Dad for his kids, and a few other things as well.George Saylor thinks too much of himself, and not enough of what God is doing, if he somehow thinks he needs to cut himself in half, or make copies of himself. George can do some great things for God with the one life he's be given.
He's right (not the first time either!).
It's not time to vent.
It's not time to get a pat on the back.
It's not time to take on one more thing.
It's time to re-evaluate God's calling on my life.
It's time to get back to the basics.
It's time to re-evaluate God's calling on my life.
It's time to get back to the basics.
No comments:
Post a Comment