Just picture it.
Four kids in the car - Eden, Karis, Vienna and Justin. All four chit-chatting away. I'm not sure what Eden said or did but Justin's tone of voice suddenly became defensive and he declared, "Eden, don't say that to my GIRLFRIEND!"
"Excuse me, your girlfriend?"
"Yes, Vienna is my girlfriend, and you shouldn't say that to her." (What a chivalrous man!)
Here is how the conversation continued:
K - "If she's your girlfriend then she'll be your wife someday."
J - "That's ok."
V - "I don't know, you might change your mind later. Besides, I might marry Hunter."
J - "Well then I'll marry Karis."
K - "We can't get married Justin. When we grow up we will be cousins and cousins can't get married." (Huh?? I kept my mouth shut. Didn't want to interrupt the wisdom being shared.)
E - "No, you will still be brother sister, but you can't get married anyway."
K - "That's ok. I'm never going to get married. I'm going to have babies but I don't want to get married." (Again, huh???)
V - "You have to get married to have babies."
K - "Well ... I was going to marry daddy." Long dramatic pause. "But mommy already did." Read the dejection and disgust in her voice!
V - "I wanted to marry my daddy too. But my mom said I had to pick someone else."
J (to Vienna) - "Well, you're still my girlfriend!"
Oh, I love it! A little girl who knows a good man when she sees one. A little boy with the confidence to declare a girl his girlfriend even though she is almost twice his age. My prayer is that as they grow they will continue to have respect and admiration for their father. That they will have wisdom in choosing friends. That they will have confidence. That they will know how deeply they are loved and base their confidence on that love.
2 comments:
oh ho ho hee hee hee! !
Too funny! I love it! Len says he's going keep an eye on that Justin of yours!!
I can't blame him though, she's a cutie. :)
Vienna had a great time, I'm so glad her and Karis have each other.
Justin could marry my Eden!!!
Post a Comment