Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Random Thoughts On A Tuesday Night

My mind is full of random thoughts. In order for me to sleep tonight I need to get these thoughts out of my head. Here they are. A sort of verbal diarrhea only not verbal.

My son is shocked that I (his mother) am strong enough to set up the bike ramp. Actual quote: "Hey guys, my mom says she's strong enough to set it up! We can bike!"

My daughter loves reading the thesaurus and read a 650 page Harry Potter book in less than two weeks. Yes Vanessa - I am raising geeks!

My other daughter wants to try out for the competitive cheer leading team at her gymnastics school. I'm all for it - but since when do home schoolers need cheer leading squads?

My favorite outfit is Yoga Pants from Costco and a blue t-shirt from the grocery store. I've reconciled that this is not a sad state of affairs just the truth of my current life situation - I no longer shop at malls, I shop for food. And hey - we're talking comfort! George is just glad that yoga pants look good AND are comfy - no more elastic waist sweat pants!! OK - I haven't worn elastic sweats since 1989, but if I did I'd get rid of them.

When raising tadpoles you must consider the fact that someday they will become a frog and as a frog they will have legs and with legs they will jump and when they jump they could jump out of their bowl on your kitchen counter and you could look all over for them and you could find them dead and that would be really gross.

It's spring and therefore it's officially "green box" season. The time of year when all the neighbourhood adults forgo their fancy patio furniture in the back yard and hang out on the neighbourhood green electrical box in front of the house. I love this time of year. Incidentally last summer Karis saw a neighbourhood with a green box twice the size of ours - she had a serious case of green box envy!! I'm thinking of sewing some cushions for the green box and maybe putting out a sun umbrella (ok, not really but I've thought about it).

If I were to preach (which I won't) I have three sermons brewing in my head. One is on "Names and Naming". One is on "Practicing Hospitality" from Romans 12. One is on "Made in the Image of a Creative God" about the tower of Babel and the purpose of creativity. They're brewing.

My husband is at a meeting. The kids are asleep. The only light is the light of the computer screen and two candles. I have spa music playing. I am at peace. Good night!

No comments:

Me and G

Me and G