Monday, September 21, 2009

Oldies But Goodies - Karis

Taking a walk down memory lane.
Poking through some old photos as I walked through memory-ville.
Here are some favorites of Karis.



It's amazing - as I look through the photos I see her personality shine through each of them. She is who she is. She is who she was. She is herself. Don't let me ever try to make her into something she isn't. "Train up a child in the way she is bent and when she is old she will not depart from it." It's my constant reminder.




Today I needed that reminder.It was pulling teeth to get her to plug through a little reading, a page of math and some language arts. Literally, I think pulling teeth would have been more pleasant. All she wanted was to go to the garage and work on her woodwork project. I didn't know there was such a project. I sort of blew it off. Then I decided pulling teeth was not the answer. We put away the books and she ventured into the garage. I still had no clue what she was doing - and to be honest I didn't really care. I had a list of things to do that was as long as my arm. I just wanted to do it. An hour or two later I poked my head in the garage - there she was surrounded by wood, nails, hooks and paint. She couldn't work 5 minutes on a math page but she was totally engrossed in the project for almost 2 hours. And in the end she created a beautiful jewellery hanger.



I love her. I love her so much. I know how she's bent.
Just wondering how we can fit a little readin', writin' and 'rithmatic in the equation. Any tips?

No comments:

Me and G

Me and G