Thursday, September 17, 2009

Snippets and Pieces


Word for word from the mouths of babes:

J: Do I HAVE to kiss a girl when I marry her? Cause I don't like kissing girls.
E: You'll change your mind about that when you're about 18!

***

J practicing his memory verse: For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him will not PANIC but have everlasting life.

panic instead of perish - profound!

***

J after successfully biking down the back porch steps: Karis, you probably shouldn't try this. You haven't watched Daddy do it enough to see his technique. And you're a girl. Girls shouldn't bike down steps.

Two things: 1) Daddy has done this in front of him more than once. 2) I hope his comment about girls was compassionate not derogatory. I hope.

***
K biking on the sidewalk on a suped-up banana seat bike that George fixed up for the kids but until today everyone was embarrassed to ride: Mom, I love this bike now.
M: You do? Really?
K: Yep, the highschool boy across the street saw me riding it and he said, "I love your bike, it's sick!"
M: So you'll ride it?
K: I don't know, probably not. Maybe I'll just give it to that boy - he liked it.

Worth noting:
All four incidents happened today.
I am very afraid of forgetting moments like these, so I blog about them. Bear with me.
p.s. Can you tell what's going on in the picture above?

4 comments:

Steve Pye said...

these are AWESOME! absolutely awesome... I love stuff kids say, and I'm totally with you on the whole "blog it before I forget it" thing. Don't forget to back up your blog.

and, in the picture... are they burning ants?

OrangeHeroMama said...

I think Karis is trying to set fire to Justin! :D

Robin Saylor said...

For the curious few wondering about the photo - yes they were burning paper with a magnifying glass! They have been strictly warned that they may only make fire with a grown up present and they may NOT teach other children how to do it!!

The Passionate Housewife said...

Vienna knew right away what they were doing since her and her brothers start stuff on fire in the yard all the time that way! And I am bad...I don't have any rules!! LOL.

Love the stuff you overheard..I always think I will remember the hilarious stuff my kids say and I never do. I wish I wrote it all down.

I can't help but feel a little responsible for Justin going down the stairs on his bike..he did seem pretty excited about my boys doing it at the campground! lol. Its like the rules suddenly changed..not just something a dad can do and get away with! ha!

Oh and by the way Vienna says What do you mean Justin doesn't like kissing girls?? He was always trying to kiss me!! He must be done with all that silly mushy nonsense now!! lol.

Me and G

Me and G