Anyone have a couple hundred thousand dollars to invest in a new restaurant?
Anyone ....?
OK - I didn't think so.
But if you did, would you consider investing in a restaurant where everything except the bread and the salad was guaranteed to be day old?
Doesn't black bean soup taste so much better the next day?
And chili?
And lasagna?
And how about the day after Thanksgiving - turkey sandwiches, turkey soup, creamed turkey on waffles?
Still not investing?
That's OK - I can't seem to find a chef either.
In the meantime, here are some of this weeks specials in Mama Chef's leftover room.
Pizza - made with leftover Naan bread from our Indian dinner. Topped with leftover tomato sauce from calzones, ham, pepperoni, peppers and pineapples. All leftovers.
Baked Spaghetti/Pizza Pie - leftover noodles from Spaghetti and meatballs. For the sauce I combined some of the calzone sauce with half a can of whole tomatoes that was on the verge of botulism (not really - but close). Covered it with cheese, threw some pepperonis on top and baked it in the toaster oven. Seriously delish! Can't believe it was leftover!
OK - I continue to fail in my quest for investors in LeftOvers the Restaurant, but leftover night at Mama Chefs remains a success! With leftovers it's all about your presentation and a little creativity.
6 comments:
I'd invest, but your valuation is crazy! And I'd have to take 75% of your company for 20 years just to get my money back!
Ever watch Dragon's Den?
OK Steve - tell me what's reasonable. To be honest I was just throwing a number out there ... a hundred thousand sounded like a good start! I am so clueless when it comes to actual costs.
But really - would you invest?
haha Steve, that was so Dragon's Den.
Sorry Robin - I'm a fan of fresh out of the oven lasagna and fresh off the stove chili and soup.
I can dig the turkey leftovers though. :p
I wish I HAD leftovers! 6 kids + 1 husband = no leftovers...ever. Those meals look delish!
Looks super yummy! I'll take your leftover meals any day.
You got that I was just satirizing Dragon's Den, right?
Post a Comment