First - we have no dog.
Second - we have no homework.
And third - I know the truth.
Justin ate our homework!
We caught him redhanded.
We just finished the yummiest unit in science.
FRUIT
Dissecting frogs and cow's hearts is nothing compared to dissecting fruit.
It's sticky.
It's juicy.
It's yummy.
And yes - when you're done, you can eat it!
Have I told you lately that (most days)I LOVE my job?
So now, let's see if you are Smarter than a Fifth Grader.
1) Can you figure out the point of this picture?
HINT: Why is the fruit placed where it is?
AND:
2) Which of these IS a fruit?
Today the sun is shining and the calendar promises me that spring is on the way.
It's a good thing because I have a yearning to get dirt under my nails and start planting my garden and picking local berries.
We just finished our last bag of frozen pick-your-own strawberries, our last jar of home made apple sauce is half done, and there is one bag of blueberries left in the deep freeze.
I need spring. I need summer. I want to pick warm strawberries and watch the juice drip down my kids faces instead of dissecting kiwis from Italy.
The day will come soon when our science class will be out in the garden and not around the kitchen table. Come quickly!! Please come quickly.
No comments:
Post a Comment