Here's the reality.
When someone says you're Pretty Ugly - they're not saying you're pretty.
Jumbo Shrimp - big name, but they are still little.
And when I say I'm in a Funky Funk - it's not cool funky.
I'm in a funk.
Not cranky.
Not irritated.
Not upset.
Just in a funk.
I'm in a funk ...
I have lots of ideas.
But I don't follow through.
I dream of laying on the couch in my pjs, watching movies and eating bonbons.
I download apps to monitor my exercising.
And I don't exercise.
I upload photos and write blog posts in my head.
But they don't make it from my head to my fingers to the computer.
It's been a funk of a week.
I see blue sky on the horizon.
But to be honest I've kind of enjoyed the funk.
Pjs and yoga pants with George's old hoodies are comfy.
There are lots of (good) movies on tv ... all day and all night.
Bonbons are yummy.
I'm ready to move on though.
Ready to join the world again.
Those blog posts in my head are itchin' to come out.
My ideas are bursting at the seams.
This funk is about to be funky again.
Lose the funk.
Gain the funky.
As my pastor (aka my husband) said in last week's message - "it's time to turn our angst into thanks!"
I've got too much thanks to have angst.
I'm too funky to be in a funk.
It's a new week.
A new day is about to dawn.
And I am THANKFUL!
1 comment:
I loved this post! I can absolutely relate. And now I have another blog to add to my list of things I love to read. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment