To which he replies, "No gifts. But give me a kiss!!"
I had all intentions of writing a goofy yet witty post on the past 13 years of marriage and then my husband went and wrote THIS.
How dare he be all sappy and lovey dovey??
Did you know that I have a little box filled with poems that he's written me over the years? Not many people peg George as a poet or even a romantic. He's got you fooled! He even tried his hand at singing me a song once ... I had to put that one out of it's misery, but it was the thought that counts, right?
So yes, 13 years.
I'm not a bit superstitious - I walk under ladders, look in cracked mirrors and let black cats walk in front of me. So no worries about 13. In fact I'm excited about 13. It's a prime number. We're in the prime of our marriage. We can't be divided. And we are officially in our teens - the wild years! Let the wild rumpus begin!
I love this man.
And even though I've spent our anniversary cleaning the house top to bottom followed by track practice and soccer games, I'm happy to remember that 13 years ago today I said "I do". So today, "I will."
No comments:
Post a Comment