Everyone stops what they are doing and runs around the house tidying every room they enter. In ten minutes we accomplish a whole heck of a lot. And really, what's 10 minutes?
Today, instead of a 10 minute tidy I took a 10 minute pick-me-up.
Walked around the house for 10 minutes, camera in hand, ready to capture images of things that make me thankful. A 10 minute pick-me-up.
Didn't take long.
Didn't interupt my day.
But my oh my, did it ever have a huge impact on how I felt about my day.
I think every day deserves a 10 minute pick-me-up.
Try it.
Stop what you are doing.
Grab a camera or a pen and paper.
Walk around your house and take note of all you are thankful for.
Then get back to what you were doing - a little more thankful than you were before.
![]() |
| My gratitude journal along with mini-journals for the kids. |
![]() |
| Competed school work. |
![]() |
| Beautiful magazines. Minus the article on how to "get your oven Martha Clean" - yah right!?! |
![]() |
| The "F" word: Free. My new rule, I only buy something if I can get something free. Buy Mini Wheats, get yogurt. It's all good. |
![]() |
| The Prayer Shawl. It's probably a sin, but we fight over who gets the Prayer Shawl. |
![]() |
| Instruments left out so they can be played at any given moment. |
![]() |
| Yahtzee = Math |
![]() |
| Actual Eden quote: "I'm so happy: tea, chocolate eggies, and a good book." |
![]() |
| My lunch: veggies smoothie with a beet. Not so yummy. But healthy. |
![]() |
| Kid's lunch: Kraft Dinner. Case load sale at the grocery store. |
![]() |
| p.s. to the 10 minute pick-me-up: Tuesday night sparkler party. For no reason except Karis wanted a party. |
Two things every day needs:
1) 10 minute tidy. Keeps the house clean.
2) 10 minute pick-me-up. Keeps my soul clean.











2 comments:
Kay, I read veggie smoothie with "beef". How's that for a pick me up?
Inspired me to do the same. Also we do a 10/20/10 with my kids, 10 min one on one time in the morning, 20 in the afternoon and 10 before bed.
Post a Comment