Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Googolplex of Blessings

Googol = 10100
Googolplex =  10(10100)


Did you know that the term Googol was coined by a nine year old boy in 1938?  He went on to define Googolplex as "one, followed by writing zereos until you get tired". His uncle felt it was necessary to clarify the until you get tired part, so came up with the number 10(10100)


I'm angsty.  I'm in a funk.
But, I am surrounded by a Googolplex of Blessings.
Enough that if I were to write them all out I could keep writing until I get tired. 
Never ends.

I am so thankful for Ann Voskamp and her ministry through her blog and her book, "One Thousand Gifts".  I finished the book last month, not knowing what this month would hold.  I bought a journal, ready to write one thousand blessings.  Things like, "hot meals and cold milk" or "tulips budding in the spring".  I didn't know the depth of thankfulness I would feel as I've filled two pages with names of people who have salved my wounds this week.    


As I opened my Google reader this morning I was struck by the title of her post:
"When You're Feeling A Bit Broken".
Seriously?  Amazing.
I am feeling a bit broken.
More salve for my wounds.













The blessings overflow.
A googolplex worth.
I write till my hand tires of writing.

A gift from a friend: a reminder of the hope and future promised.

Long over-due tulips making their way through the soil.

New life: 3 day old baby Olivia.
 Her mom spent the night at the ministry centre with me the Friday before the fire.
Worshipping with our church family.
Yellow:  it's next to impossible to be sad when you're surrounded by yellow.
Honorable Mention at the London Science Fair.
With all that's going on she did almost all on her own!


It's a start.
Slowly but surely writing these blessings pulls me up out of my funk.  
My hand is not tired of writing.  So I trust that more blessings are on the way.  
A googolplex of blessings - thank you.

1 comment:

Julie Van Eman said...

Robin~ I'm adding YOU as one of my gifts to my journal today.

Me and G

Me and G