Monday, February 6, 2012

Good Eats

Some seriously good eats happening around our house tonight.
The kind of meal I think about for days after eating.
Wanting more.
Somewhat obsessively consuming my thought life.

Maybe it's the fact that it's February in Ontario and we've fired up the grill.
Sun shining.  Kids on the trampoline.  Husband flipping burgers.  Not a typical February evening.
It all added up to a meal I won't soon forget.

I'll cut to the chase - the Menu.

Ground Chicken Burgers on Jerry's Portuegese buns, toasted with swiss cheese, topped with fresh spinach, half an avocado and a few hot pepper rings (thank you Lee Dumont!).

Followed the recipe on the above link to the tee.  I give it two enthusiastic thumbs up!

On the side:  sweet potato chips (thank you Marianne DeGorter for my latest addiction), and a fresh fruit and veggies tray.

Food Should Taste Good Sweet Potato Chips from my friendly neighborhood Costco.


It is not difficult to say a heartfelt thank you for a meal like this.  
And let the thankfulness carry in to tomorrow because as much as we wanted to keep eating, we could not finish the meal.  So yes, there are left-overs.  Hello lunch!



No comments:

Me and G

Me and G